County Adopts Game Room Regulations, Violators Face $10,000 Per Day Penalty

By BOB PALMER Jimplecute News Editor JEFFERSON – Marion County’s new regulations governing game rooms in the county requires a $1,000 non-refundable permit fee and provides for up to $10,000 in civil penalties for violations. In adopting the game room regulations Monday, county commissioners pointed out that unregulated game rooms were often the scene of… Read More County Adopts Game Room Regulations, Violators Face $10,000 Per Day Penalty

Former Harrison Co. DA Retained to Represent Man Accused of Holiday Harbor Murder

By BOB PALMER Jimplecute News Editor JEFFERSON – Marshall attorney Coke Solomon informed 115th Judicial District Judge Dean Fowler Tuesday that he had been retained to defend Gary Wayne Craver. Craver stands accused of the Dec. 23 murder of Charles Hickman, 39. The fatal shooting took place at a mobile home in the Holiday Harbor… Read More Former Harrison Co. DA Retained to Represent Man Accused of Holiday Harbor Murder

Early Morning Fire Destroys Log Home, Threatens Neighborhood

By BOB PALMER Jimplecute News Editor SMITHLAND – A fire early Friday morning destroyed a two-story Satterwhite log home on 10-foot piers in the Bayou River Run neighborhood in eastern Marion County. “I am emotionally drained, my wife and I both,” homeowner Jerry Voss told the Jimp. “We hosted family gatherings there with our children,… Read More Early Morning Fire Destroys Log Home, Threatens Neighborhood

Jimp Exclusive: Jefferson Trains Lift Spirits of Family Facing Mother’s Day without 8-Year-Old ‘Hero’

By BOB PALMER Jimplecute News Editor JEFFERSON – While many Jeffersonians consider trains an annoyance because of their loud horns and how they often stop drivers at crossings, the Andersons see trains differently. “Trains for us are a ‘Hello,’” Kim Anderson said. This Sunday will be different from other Sundays for Kim. This Mother’s Day,… Read More Jimp Exclusive: Jefferson Trains Lift Spirits of Family Facing Mother’s Day without 8-Year-Old ‘Hero’

Today’s Front Page | May 7, 2020

In addition to our Front Page stories, this week’s issue includes: – David Wall: The Asian Giant Hornet Will Get Here – Bulldog Beacon: Graduation for Class of 2020 Back on Table – COVID-19 Case Counts and Trends … and much more. Thank you for reading the Jimp!