Museum Lets Daylight Savings Time Spring Forward Without It

By BOB PALMER Jimplecute News Editor Lucky you, the television, computers and most of your other electronic devices will reset to Daylight Savings Time Sunday morning without your help. You still have to adjust the alarm clock in the bedroom and don’t forget the kitchen clock. As you gripe quietly to yourself about this twice-a-year… Read More Museum Lets Daylight Savings Time Spring Forward Without It

Paddie’s Rural Jobs Bill Clears Hearing

By BOB PALMER Jimplecute News Editor   A bill introduced by State Rep. Chris Paddie, R-Marshall, touted to improve access to capital for rural employers, passed an initial committee test this week. “I thought it went very well,” a pleased Paddie told the Jimplecute after the hearing before the House International Relations and Economic Development… Read More Paddie’s Rural Jobs Bill Clears Hearing

Today’s Front Page via the Newseum | March 7, 2019

The Jefferson Jimplecute is proud to participate in the Today’s Front Pages online exhibit at the Newseum in Washington D.C. Each Thursday, the front page of The Jimp is posted along with more than 800 newspapers from around the world. In addition to our Front Page, this week’s edition includes: MATHBots Rule Neely’s May Be an Institution, But Not a Fav Bulldogs… Read More Today’s Front Page via the Newseum | March 7, 2019

Book Review | “The Cuckoo’s Calling” & “The Silkworm”

Review By Francene DePrez I love audio books and keep one or two in my car all the time. Jefferson Carnegie Library has a great selection and always seems to have newer ones that I have not heard before. “The Cuckoo’s Calling” is the first crime novel written by Robert Galbraith. Cormoran Strike lost half… Read More Book Review | “The Cuckoo’s Calling” & “The Silkworm”

Rural Marion County Wired for Progress; Assumptions of Poor Internet Service No Longer Apply in Most Areas

By BOB PALMER Jimplecute News Editor Old ideas die hard. Many still think to have decent television programming, cell phone service and high speed internet for their personal computer, they must live inside a city. In Marion County, thanks to the efforts of local organizations like the Jefferson Institute and internet service providers like Etex… Read More Rural Marion County Wired for Progress; Assumptions of Poor Internet Service No Longer Apply in Most Areas

Grand Jury Indicts 8; 22 Cases Resolved In January

By BOB PALMER Jimplecute News Editor Criminal district court action in Marion County resulted in 22 cases being resolved, 11 cases added to the docket and 8 true indictments returned by the Grand Jury during January, according to reports released by District Clerk Susan Anderson. The indictments included three burglary charges – two of a… Read More Grand Jury Indicts 8; 22 Cases Resolved In January

Today’s Front Page via the Newseum | February 28, 2019

The Jefferson Jimplecute is proud to participate in the Today’s Front Pages online exhibit at the Newseum in Washington D.C. Each Thursday, the front page of The Jimp is posted along with more than 800 newspapers from around the world. In addition to our Front Page, this week’s edition includes: Nutt Resigns as JP; Commissioner Squawks at Legal Bills Tourism Committee Urges… Read More Today’s Front Page via the Newseum | February 28, 2019

Book Review | “Fearless … A Girl Born Without the Fear Gene”

Review By Francene DePrez I was drawn to the title, “Fearless … A Girl Born Without the Fear Gene” by Francine Pascal, and I wasn’t disappointed. This is the first book in a series for young adults. The book is a double edition with the first book from this author and the 25th book in… Read More Book Review | “Fearless … A Girl Born Without the Fear Gene”