Published: Mar. 26, 2020 at 1:22 p.m. CDT
By BOB PALMER
Jimplecute News Editor
MARSHALL – Texas Department of State Health Services notified Harrison County that a positive case of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has occurred, according to County Judge Chad Sims Facebook page Thursday.
More details are being gathered at this time but the immediate risk of transmission remains low.
“Human coronaviruses are most commonly spread through respiratory droplets. Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath,” the announcement stated.
People at higher risk for serious complications are those with underlying health conditions and with people over the age of 65.
“Health care providers and epidemiologists will remain in contact with this confirmed individual, as well as with anyone that interacted with this individual if they believe they may be at risk of infection,” the announcement stated.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
If you are experiencing fever, cough or difficulty breathing, been exposed to a sick traveler or been exposed to a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, contact your healthcare provider immediately.
Be sure to call before going to your doctor or an emergency department to prevent any potential spread.
Print Subscription for Marion County & Surrounding Counties (Online subscription included)
Your online subscription will begin immediately. Print subscription will begin in approximately 1-2 weeks. Thank you for your subscription and for reading the Jimp!