Who, What, When, Where
- Approximately $70,000 for Cypress River Airport was approved by the Texas Transportation Commission at its October meeting.
- The funds will be used for planned airport improvements, which includes:
Engineering/design for pavement and lighting improvements
- A project consultant will be selected this fall.
- Project costs will be funded through Marion County and TxDOT’s Aviation Facilities Grant Program, which preserves and improves the state’s general aviation system.
- This year, TxDOT expects to provide approximately $60 million in funding for planning, constructing and maintaining community airports.
- Approximately 275 community airports in Texas are eligible for funding.
- Arrivals and departures from community airports account for more than three million flight hours per year and provide aircraft facilities for agricultural, medical, business and commuter use.
For media inquiries, contact TxDOT Media Relations at MediaRelations@txdot.gov or (512) 463-8700.
(Please contact us today for a print or email subscription to the Jefferson Jimplecute! — (903) 665-2462, JIMPLECUTE1848@GMAIL.COM)