The Seven Last Words of Christ On the Cross
1. “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do”
A prayer of forgiveness
2. Speaking to the thief on the cross. “Verily I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with me in Paradise.” A word of salvation.
3. Spoken to his mother. “Woman behold thy son. Then saith He to the disciple by her side ‘behold thy mother’” A word of affection.
4. “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?” Words of anguish. He did not doubt God. God could not look upon Him when the sins of the world were heaped upon Him. God cannot look upon sin.
5. “I thirst.” The word of suffering.
6. “It is finished.” The word of victory. At all that God, the Father, had sent Him to do was accomplished.
“Father, into Thy hands I commend My Spirit.” and having said thus, He gave up His Spirit.” A word of contentment.
Have a blessed Easter. He is risen.
LET’S SHARE SOME RECIPES.
MEXICAN CORN DISH
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PIE
BANANA CAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER ICING
Please share your recipes and memories. Send them to me at 301 Rusk Street, Jefferson, TX 75657. Email sherrymcadoo@sbcglobal. net. If you have any questions or comments you can contact me at 903-665-7218.
(To continue reading this article, please contact us today for a print or email subscription to the Jefferson Jimplecute! — (903) 665-2462, JIMPLECUTE1848@GMAIL.COM)